One day older, one day smarter.
I woke up doing the same routine and left the house 10 minutes earlier (as if that will make a difference). I was walking to the main road near our house to wait for a trike and passed by my friend Bing's house who was prepping her car on her way to work. A quick "Hi-Hello-Musta-Ok lang kaw?- ok lang din" conversation and off I went. Five minutes later at the main road Bing drove by, pulled over and offered to drive me to the LRT station. Cool! Another friend who I haven't talked to for a long time.
The LRT was kinda packed which was unusual at this time. When the train stopped at one of the station, this lady came in and just crowded me. Hey, fair game right? When the train arrived at my stop, the doors opened and she was blocking my way. I said "excuse", she just looked and didn't move. I said please move or I might hurt you if I bump you. All I got was a stare. Ten seconds later, no more mr. nice guy, I bulldozed my way to the door ramming the lady into a pole just in time before the door closed. She was saying something and I only had that "told ya so" look. I didn't mean to be rude and I know being rude to a person who was being rude in the first place isn't right but hey, I warned her.
One of the things I learned yesterday, pushing and shoving are just plain rude but in this place, no blood no foul. Everyone's aggressive and you will push and be pushed no matter who you are.
On to the MRT station and it was still hell but this time, I would be the devil.
A ultra jampacked train came and people still tried to enter. People from behind were pushing. I was pushing everyone in front of me. Hey the guy behind me was pushing me too! No one got on until probably the 4th train which was freakishly empty. It's an empty car! The gloves came off and I saw people pushing and elbow their way in. Pure madness. When the train arrived at my stop (I know now where the doors would open), I stepped out and I looked harrassed.
The session was boring and I heard my 234th computer joke of the week. Ugh.
After 9 agonizing hours, Gezelle was still teaching and Carla was still checked her mail so it was off to station with Alex, Jaye's project mate. My card was rejected upon entry (maybe because I inserted it too early?) and had to take it to the admin office. I told Alex to go on without me. Down at the platform, it was a lot more crowded than yesterday. =S I saw Carla and Cesar (a new friend from People Support) waiting. People were clearly frustrated because the trains would always arrive full with only 1 or 2 passengers able to enter. The old man beside me was furious. The guys behind me would just laughed it off. A train would stop, we would push everyone inside the train then step back and start laughing. Hahahaha bunch of jerks! Finally a train stopped with 10 people dropping off and all of us practically stormed inside. They pushed everyone out of the way forcing them further into the car while laughing.
I arrived at my MRT station and walked to the LRT station while texting Jaye telling her that I was still in one piece. I ran towards the stairs just in time before the train left. In the LRT station, instead of taking one of those jeeps waiting in a corner for passengers, I took the risk and went on to the main road and looked for a jeep was already on its way to my place. A jeep slowed down just a bit and while it was still moving, I ran to the back, grabbed the handle bars which swung me across the right brakelight and landed perfectly on the entrance with 8 bucks on hand and instanteneously said "bayad o". The guy inside said "galing nun a, parang spiderman." with a smile.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Grabe ha! I didn't know mass transit can be such a struggle. Pretty exciting though! :)
It's a major villain short of a movie :P and a trusty sidekick :)
Post a Comment