While channel surfing, I "passed by" ESPN with the soccer commentator shouting "Gago has the ball and now Gago's down! Gago's down!" Gago was pronounced (Gah-goh and not Gey-goh). Turns out there really is a soccer player named Fernando Ruben Gago, an Argentine who plays for Real Madrid.
Sound effects really do make a difference
I was watching "Amazing Videos caught on tape" over at AXN. This guy crashed his motorcycle and they played this "suspense" background music making it seem that the guy COULD HAVE suffered "broken bones, internal bleeding... or even... (dramatic pause) ...death...", then moments later the guy stands up and walks away with a smile. Commentator goes "good thing he was lucky or else he would have broken bones, bleeding or even... death". He just slipped and fell!
Later that night I watched almost the same video over at America's Funniest Home Videos with a circus background music and funny sound effects and people were laughing.
Unless you want battle scars
Never fry fish without a shirt on.
Welcome Lee!
Lee, an expat from Ireland originally from Chicago, was here during the weekend for training with Jaye's project. Jaye, Ms Donna (Jaye's manager) and I toured him around which I called the Four City tour - Greenbelt, Greenhills (we taught Lee how to haggle... and he haggled them good!), Eastwood for dinner and Tiendesitas for trinkets and candies. Thanks for dinner!
And I'm more dangerous than the guy beside me with a shotgun?
Try walking around Makati with a camera. Now try taking some pictures. You'll be amazed how many security guards will tell you to stop taking pictures for security reasons. Lee was even asked to pay the museum first before taking pictures of statues outside.
Fooseball Mania
Arn 8. Jaye 4. It was Jaye's first fooseball game ever.
Sharla and Schmirna
I'm into the Amazing Race again! I wanted them to stay in the race so I can root against them more. My team? Ironically it's Rob and Amber.
Taxi conversations
Ferdie and Kath (Punzalan) and I had to go to another building and we decided to take the cab. We gave the driver a 10 peso tip which he was thankful for. It reminded me of that time when I tipped the driver a quarter in Chicago and the African-American driver ended up cursing me nonstop for 5 minutes. (It was my first cab ride)
The entry level assignment
I passed by Jollibee (a local burger stand) one time and saw one of the employees with two flags waving in cars into the drive through driveway. Do we really need someone to guide us in? Ok ok ok I know, I know it's for marketing but seriously? It's bad when a balloon hooked up to a wind blower can do a better job than you.
And our tax goes... there?
Two MMDA officers are giving traffic signals ON A ONE WAY STREET with no intersections. Two of them... just telling cars to go by waving their hands... and you need two of them because...?
Meanwhile, a few blocks away, what do I see? A traffic gridlock caused by a van who blocked the other lane, who were now blocking the other lane, who were blocking etc etc etc...

No comments:
Post a Comment