Friday, March 23, 2007

Fight or Flight

The fight-or-flight response, also called the acute stress response, was first described by Walter Cannon in 1927. His theory states that animals react to threats with a general discharge of the sympathetic nervous system, priming the animal for fighting or fleeing.

We all have our own fears, problems and concerns probably related to work, family, money, love, friends or all of the above. It can be trivial or crucial, simple or complicated, generic or specific. I believe everyone runs away from something. We may not admit it but we do. Running away from an overwhelmingly difficult challenge, from tremendous pressure or from the inevitable.

I have been running away for a long time now, strong enough just to keep my head above water. One day, I stopped and felt how tiring it was to live like this. I grew. I changed. I overhauled my life and decided no more running. I started to fight back.


No more running.

I realized that it's a new era in my life since a few months ago. I've already turned my life around half way for the better and I've never been this strong and happy. Time to take it all the way.

All the way around.

Thanks Jaye. :)

Thanks Jaye for the love you're sharing with me, for your patience and understanding and for letting Arnold be Arnold.

2 comments:

Liza said...

This is nice :)

Arn said...

awww... thanks lizzie :)