I haven’t used the coffee maker all my life but I’m tired of coming to the office and be greeted with an empty coffee pot. One day I observed one of the employees and how they setup the machine to make coffee. Monkey see, monkey do. I found out it was very easy – place filter, put coffee grounds on it then press the brew button.
One day, I arrived in the office, sleepy and groggy and I wanted some coffee and whadayaknow, it’s empty! I still remember how the guy changed filters the other day. This lady then came and wanted some coffee but saw that I was already working on it. I recognized her, she’s a big boss on one of the projects here. I had a meeting with her once and she never smiled one bit. It looks as though she had never been hugged for years.
There’s a sudden burst of anxiety on me while she watched me with crossed arms take out the round filter filled with old coffee grounds. I held it by pinching two sides of the filter when disaster struck.
The filter flopped on the opposite sides where I was holding it, spilling coffee grounds and splashed coffee all over the floor, all over her shoes, all over the lower part of her pants… all over her white shoes and beige pants.
The pantry looked like the home of a Chihuahua with severe diarrhea who decided to hump her leg.
I wanted to throw a one liner and say something like “sh*t happens?” but both the angel and the devil on my shoulder were shouting “no! no! no! no!”. She gave me the judge Judy look.
I cleaned up the floor but she took a few steps away while she cleaned her shoes and pants. A few “sorry”s later, she walked away from the pantry with a cup of tea while I had a cup of iced water instead. What a disastrous morning but at least I wasn’t sleepy or groggy anymore.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment