Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cooking with Arn XI

Why stop now? Tapa rhymes with chamba? Here's my next... uh... attempt:

Chicken something something

I have no idea what to call this dish. Anyways, Jewel-Osco had a sale on chicken split breasts – buy one take one. I had no idea what “split breasts” are but well, buy one take one e.

Back in my kitchen, I found out that “split breasts” didn’t have the word “fillet” in it and so I had to find a way to debone it. How? I have no idea. I guess cut them up where there are no bones.


Eww... this looks like road kill

I took out a pan and sautéed garlic, onions and green pepper on butter. Once they were half cooked, I chopped up the chicken and dropped it into the pan. I placed some soy sauce, stir fry sauce, rice wine and sesame oil into the mix. Why? Well, the entire thing looked Japanese and I checked my cupboard and got all the Japanese looking ingredients. I figured the soy sauces and rice wine will give flavor while the sesame oil will give that extra kick. Minutes later, the whole thing was done and it was time for the taste test.

I called my roommate over.

He said it tasted great. I tried it and… hell yeah it tasted great. I knew it should taste decent but I never knew it would taste this good. Perfect blend of ingredients for a powerful but not overwhelming taste. It tasted like something from a restaurant – it was THAT good.

The problem? I never measured anything. I added this and that. Salt here. Pepper there. Something here, something there and I never took notes. I wish I could make this again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ang galing mo na magluto honey! tamang-tama, when you get back, ikaw na magluluto ng ulam, ako naman sa rice(para di masunog)... hehehehhe...

miss ko na yung tuna pasta at yung tapa na luto mo... =)

mwah! aylabyu! congrats! =) sana maulit mo ito ulit para matikman naman.... =)

Arn said...

hehehehe pati rice ko masarap na!

magluluto ako nyan when i get back pati yung mga new "creations" ko :P

aylabyu!