Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Aftershock

Damage check. Yup, it’s an ankle sprain –- second degree sprain on two ankle ligaments and now my ankle is bigger than a tennis ball and more purple than Barney.

This injury sure changed a lot of plans since:

  • I was supposed to go to a concert in Chicago’s House of Blues which is just a few blocks away from my apartment the same day I got injured. There was no way I could go (I could crawl there but that's just plain creepy). Good thing CeeJay dropped by with a big bowl of Carbonara while Feliz and Louvre went home right after the concert to check up on me. (thanks guys!)
  • Sundays plans were all wiped out and I had to do everything from my bed. Laundry, cleaning my lenses, cleaning my room, etc.
  • My next four meals after the injury were cheeseburger – cheeseburger and carbonara – cheeseburger and cheeseburger. When I ran out of burger patties, I checked my cupboard and saw the only edible thing remaining. “Well, well, look who’s come crawling back.” says the Quaker Oats guy.
  • Twice I accidentally kicked the leg of the table. Once I dropped a big water bottle on my bandaged ankle. All of which will make me have this facial expression for a few seconds – the same facial expression you had when you saw Britney at the MTV Awards. I know, that was really painful. Here's a better version.
  • For the second straight day I had to work from home which honestly, I hate doing. Doing work at home is like going to McDonald’s to eat the Chickenjoy you ordered out or Gabby Concepcion having a concert in Chicago. It's just plain wrong.

No comments: