“Me.”
That was my theme for 2006.
It does sound selfish but on December 2005, I felt that in order for me to move on I must start with myself. The previous years were rough and I end up living life one day at a time. I said to myself that 2006 will be my year. The year when I look ahead, I fix things and I do the one thing that summarizes the entire 2006 - getting the monkeys off my back.
2005, I had to walk away from two things that brought meaning to my life. I officially went into rebuilding mode. 2005 was about people telling me I couldn’t accomplish much, that I was nothing and was treated like dirt. 2005 really bombed.
Conversely, 2006 was probably the best year I’ve had in my life. It’s like that one magical day in your life when all (and I mean ALL) things in your “today’s to do list:” are checked. 2006 is the happiest and most successful year I had and it didn’t have anything to do with the word “comeback”. It was the year when I proved my 2005 demons wrong.
2006 was a blast and as I counted down the seconds of the year to the drum beats beside Manila Bay waiting for the fireworks, I can’t help but smile and pat myself on the back for a job well done.
Of course, this wouldn’t have been possible without the help of you guys - from the person who takes care of me, my family who supported me, my friends who looked out for me, my “kids”, my Chicago family (2 of which are here already) and to everyone who frequents this blog. Thanks for reading and laughing with me.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope it only gets better for 2007 :)
Im sure it will :)
Post a Comment