Friday, November 03, 2006

The Past Month

Let's see if I can summarize everything that happened for the past month in one paragraph...

We deployed the reporting application I helped develop thus marking the assignment a huge huge huge success. I turned down something people would kill for - an onshore extension. I had three going away parties - one early one from She, Sha, Lei, Lorna, Mike and Jhon with my favorite choco cake from Jewel, one from all the onshore people and another one again from She and company. I cried when they sprung my first surprise. I cried even more when they sprung their third, wherein they prepared a very touching video. In one day I managed to stuff everything in the apartment into one box. The box was bursting but was literally covered in gray duct tape. Ria and RJ drove me out... really nice of them (thanks Ri!). My first day back, Jaye presented me another touching thank you and congrats video from everyone... literally - everyone in Chicago, my team, my friends and everyone in Manila. I stunned her back with my Chicago surprise - the Debbie project :P. I was surprised to see how expensive everything now especially food and fuel. My knee got worse and my plantar fasciitis got more unbearable, I really need to see a doctor. I scored 11 points in my comeback game and my first shot was a stepback fadeaway three pointer which swished - vintage :P. That was followed by a floater then 7 bricks. I still have no lateral movement. I got myself new eyeglasses. I had the suspension of my car replaced and I had to wait for almost 30 minutes just for them to swipe my card because Vince Hizon was there and all the receptionists were having their picture taken. My receipt from that shop says "Customer Name: Vince Hizon"... hmmm... I was mistaken for Vince Hizon... happens all the time. I got my license renewed. After shattering my camera, I got myself a new one after some quick accounting clearances and financial plan changes.

wow! :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Arn Arn!!!

Technically its still your Birthday (just 9:45am CST so it would 11:45pm Manila.. tama ba???)

Hope you enjoyed ur special day esp bcoz u celebrated it with ur special someone... si honey!!!! (Hi Jaye!!!)

miss u guys!!! utang muna ang bday gift okay??? See u soon!!!

Arn said...

actually it should be 10:45pm hehehehe thanks thanks!! did sobra :)

ano ka ba... you've done so much na no :) see you in a few months!! :)

Anonymous said...

11:45pm na talaga.. 14hrs advance na kayo... =)

Arn said...

CDT na pala ahahaha :P
sowee..

see ya!! :D