Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cooking with Arnold VI

Life is like a batch of pancakes, you’ll never know what you’ll end up with.

Let’s see, I bought the easy mix batter. Add water with the powder mix and you have instant batter! No, I didn't mess that up. I used to play around in construction sites when I was a kid and i watched those workers mix cement. I took out a skillet, turned up the heat and away we go...

Attempt #1

I heated the pan, poured the batter mix and heard an unexpected sizzle - the only type you hear with sisig on a hot plate – a loud and angry hiss. I turned around, grabbed a turner (that’s what you call that spatula like thingie right?), grabbed a serving plate, turned around again.

And it was gone…

Pancake 1 evaporated.

My dog barked twice as if to tell me "too hot bruh" (yea he's from the ghetto).

Attempt #2

I lowered the heat, added a little more powder mix and poured it on the barely hot skillet. 2 minutes passed and it still looked the same, I went inside and watched “Mr and Mrs Smith” at Star Movies for a few minutes. Went back to the kitchen, grabbed the turner, and flipped the pancake. Let’s see, ¼ of the pancake stayed stuck, ¼ went flying off the skillet, ¼ was shredded, ¼ was successfully turned (and eventually shredded). The pancake was too big (It was the same size of the skillet) and it didn’t cook evenly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
at least it wasn't burned.

Attempt #3

Ok. In comes the butter then came a small portion of batter (same size as the burger patties at Jollibee). I went inside and watched the car chase scene. I went back to the office and Arn the Arsonist strikes again. I scraped it off the skillet and threw away the nasty hockey pucks.

ARNsonist? yea I thought of it too...

Attempt #4

Same as the third attempt but no more watching Angelina Jolie shoot bad guys. Ok fine I still watched but from a distance where I was still able to keep an eye on my hotcakes. Tried to flip it and… hey it didn’t stick! The bottom was… black but not charred. This thing was actually edible!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
it's not burned, it's camouflaged.

Attempt #5

The obvious game plan – drown it in butter. In goes a tablespoon of butter and the batter. Finally, some successful pancakes! I was able to cook 6 more of these.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
there's butter everywhere!

I brought it to the office for breakfast. Mags ate one and drowned it in maple syrup.

“Isa pa, Mags?”
“ay no na diet ako e.”

How come everything I cook makes people wanna go on a (and stick on a) diet all of a sudden..

2 comments:

gezelle said...

arn, o:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gezelle/218640530

wahehe.

Arn said...

nanginggit pa! :P