Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Perils of a Fat Man

  • At KFC, everytime I order something (eg. 2 piece ChickenJoy) , I’m immediately asked “How many extra rice sir?”.
  • At Jollibee in C5, I just ordered the cheeseburger meal. I was asked “How many sir?”
  • At the Potato Corner here in the 12th floor of GT, I’m still a few feet away from the shop and the lady already prepares the “jumbo” sized container (but has no idea what flavor I’ll be getting). Actually when I enter that area where Potato Corner, the Empanada booth, popcorn and Greenwich pizza are located, everyone is initially sitting in this table chatting (since business is slow) then they see me and everyone goes back to their booths with the potato corner lady frying up a new batch even before I order.
  • At home, after I confirm to my mom that I’ll be eating at home, the amount of food is doubled (or even tripled).
  • Every Christmas, I always get the same funny gifts –-> medium sized shirts. I would try on the shirts the next day and my brother would roll around laughing.
  • Everytime my family orders out at Don Henrico’s, they would order the buffalo wings and the shrimp pasta. My mom, my dad and my brother would all share the pasta (and just the pasta).
  • Pizza huts calls every week and ask if I want to order something.
  • Pizza hut actually refused to renew my Palm card (It’s that Pizza Hut card worth around 200 pesos that entitles me an extra pizza everytime I buy one). My brother bought one for me and I ordered pizza. I’m may be fat but I’m not dumb.
  • I bought lots of shirts that was one size smaller hoping that this would push me to lose weight. They’re still there in my cabinet… with the tags.
  • I was shopping for a long sleeved shirt. I picked one up, asked the lady if they have one of this in my size and she immediately hands me an XXL sized one.
  • At Old Navy, I was asked if the shirt i picked out was available in small (obviously it wasn't for me). The girl walked away with a smirk.
  • Before posting this, I went downstairs and ordered fries. “How many sir?”

:-/

4 comments:

gezelle said...

meron din namang mga perks... you don't need to wear jacket eventhough temperature outside has dropped to a single digit in celsius 'di ba... remember our walking tour at the grant park ata...naka-shorts ka lang! daming reserba ng body heat :)

Anonymous said...

haha.. naka-visit ako ulit d2 sa blog mo arn... ang kuleet! ang cool...

Arn said...

hi Ge! oo nga e... im like a walking furnace :P

Arn said...

hey minoy! thanks for dropping by! :)