Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cooking with Arnold III

wait! what happened to the hash browns?

A week after that I bought some red onions and did the whole thing all over again. The end result was disgusting (but edible). Unfortunately, I didn't have my laptop that time and so I wasn't able to document the process. :( I took a pic of the dish and showed it to Nikki... "wow, that's a nice omelette!"

good enough. :)

Sinangag

1. Research first if it's really sangag or sinangag. Isn't sangag a verb? So you sangag a sinangag?
2. Cook rice yesterday. (tama, go back in time and cook rice. come back to the present so that you'll now "rice cold" aka kaning lamig)
3. Pour olive oil (I bought a big bottle last week) into a frying pan. Chop up some garlic and put into pan. Mmmmmm.... bango! Don't turn on the vent so that the apartment will smell like sauted garlic :D
4. Am I supposed to put in onions? Nah. Wait for the garlic to turn golden brown then mix in the "rice cold".
5. Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! How come it's popping like popcorn?!? Rice is flying everywhere!
6. Crack an egg (with one hand ha) and mix it with the rice. Oh wait, fried rice has egg. garlic rice is just garlic. I guess the dish is now Garlic Fried Rice then.
7. Once egg is cooked, remove from pan and into a big plate.
8. Microwave the hotdog and bacon we cooked yesterday and place it on top of the rice.

Huwaaaawww! First time we cooked something decent! :D Syempre may picture dapat. Notice the charred garlic bits... mmmmmm! :D

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: