Sunday, August 07, 2005

Stories I Owe

"Arn, where are the posts you promised us in your previous entries?"

Er... Uh... well, I've been busy and my internet connection is really slow and I've plenty of stuff to do... ok fine I forgot. :P Thanks for reminding me though :)

African Lovebirds (from 06212005)

One day, a pair of our African lovebirds/parakeets escaped from their cage and hid behind a clay pot. Unlike Mayas, these birds haven't been outside their cages probably their whole lives and so they decided to hide instead of flying away. So as they hid behind the pot, I snuck up on it then prepared to grab both birds. Before I did, I asked mom if they bite and she said it's just as strong as a clothesline ipit. Shouldn't be painful right? Wrong! When I snatched both birds, they bit me and left 2 wounds on each hand (one from the upper beak and another from the lower beak). OUCH! I let them go for a second then snatched them again this time covering their beaks... well at least I covered them. They bit me again for two more wounds on each hand and this time they just wouldn't let go. I already released them inside the cage and one still had its beak stuck into my hand, viciously shaking its head. Parang nilabas lahat ng sama ng loob sa kamay ko. Grrrr... The first band aid only lasted 2 minutes as it was quickly soaked in blood.

Damn birds.


Oya Story (from 06302005)

There was this person who visited a tribe in the mountains. After weeks and weeks of studying their way of life, he concluded that the best way to help these people was to set up a system for them - laws, rules, a governing body and special roles. One day, he summoned all the members of the village and laid out his plans. For each statement that the person said, the villagers would all shout "Oya!".

"We need to create laws and empower people to enforce them!"
"OYA!"
"We need to store all of our food in one location then equally ration them to each person!"
"OYA!"

After plenty more of "Oya!" later, he concluded his speech and while walking back to the village square through a herd of cows with the chief, he said "I think I did pretty well there. All of the villagers seem to like my idea". The chief just nodded and nodded but then jumped back and shouted "Oh be careful! You might step on the oya!"

Hey it was funny back in grade 7!

Me and Kitchie

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: