"Good morning Sir! So that's one short capuccino decaf. Your name sir?"
"Arnold."
"Donald?"
"No. Arnold."
"Ronald?"
"Hinde. Arnold."
"Arman?"
"(Yamot)... Ensaymada na nga lang!"
Back in my old gimmick days, college days and early office days, I frequented the nearby starbucks for a mocha frap (pag gimmick) or a capuccino (pag nasa office). They're everywhere naman diba so there's gotta be one near you right now. For some reason, they always get my name wrong and so I tried changing the names I gave para wala nang problem. I'm sure some of you used different names din hehe... Here's the one I've used so far:
ARNOLD - I guess it's because I pronounce it with an American accent and nawawala yung 'O' but still it should be audible right? Instead of "Arnold", I always get "Ronald", "Donald", "Ronnie" or "Arman". I even tried pronouncing it ala Schwarzenegger para magets nila - "Ahhhnnnuldddd". Now they think I'm a weirdo. The worst one was "Dennis" - san mo nakuha yun?!? This prompted me to switch to...
A.J. - Two letters. Tignan natin if ma misspell mo pa yan. Well, they did. It worked only twice or thrice then it became "E.J", "A.G." and "E.G.". I even got "Age". Maybe it was because it had two syllables. I'll use my other (legal) name with only one syllable which was...
JAMES - Not bad when I first tried it. Feeling Lebron. It was only misspelled once but I decided to never use it again ever. It was really really awkward drinking from a tall mocha frap that belonged to "Jane". Next I used was...
BONG - One Syllable. Easy to say. Very audible. Manly pa. (Parang the Bakal Boys from Pinoy Wrestling). Hey, I ran out of names so I had to invent one. I thought it was a good idea until one evening I was ticked off while drinking from a cup labeled "DingDong". WTF?!? Let's try someone famous na lang. A name that's in the news today. Something like...
BRAD - I've only used it thrice and they haven't misspelled it. My problem with it is everytime I give out that name, they look at my tummy, tapos either iiling or natatawa (pero pinipigil). This implicitly means "Feeling mo Brad Pitt ka?". Well yea, pakainin mo lang ng mga 40 Big Macs si Brad kamukha ko na yun. :P
Buti pa yung Nescafe coffee machine sa pantry. The problem is there are times where it mixes up a capuccino by mixing a cup of creamer, half a cup of water, and sprinkles it with powdered coffee. Grrrr....
Any suggestions?
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Try mo Rowan(Atkinson) bwahahahahaha! Peace!
or puede "Bean" na lang :)
Wag! malamang kala nila nyan Bisaya ka.. at ang totoong pangalan mo ay Ben na ginawa mong Bean[Bin].. waheheheh..
hahah!! katuwa ka naman aj!! long time na haven't visited this blog.. so how's life so far? owkie pa naman you? =D
cge try ko next time yan Bean or Rowan hehehe :P
hi pamie :) musta ?
Post a Comment