Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Seven Straight Saturdays

"Pitchin WILD in the 9th"

The best sentence to describe me the past few weeks. I've been logging 10 hours of work per day through lunch for the past few months. I've become someone that I've been avoiding to become since January - a slave to work routine. Before I burn out (again), I opted to use 40 of my offsettable hours to take the week off and catch up on things I've missed or skipped because of work. I even made a list of these - some interesting, some boring, some just plain pathetic... :-/

By the way, in case you're wondering what with the baseball expressions, it's baseball season! Go BoSox! :)

"Pitchin WILD in the 9th" - baseball term where the starting pitcher is already tired because he's been pitching since the 1st inning. It means that someone is present and working but may be inefficient and ineffective. In desperate need of relief.

No comments: