Last night, Jaye and I hopped off work and went straight to Park Square where I was looking for some lens hoods for my camera (as advised by Pads). After walking and walking and walking… we couldn’t find it and decided to eat dinner. We dropped by Shakeys and there started one of our worst dining experiences ever. Sorry guys, you had this coming.
- It was hard to call the attention of waiters. It took them a while before they could even give the menus to us and we even had to seat ourselves. A waiter would walk by and I raise my hand like a geek in math class but I get ignored. Another waiter walks by and I’m ignored. Another waiter… you get the idea.
- They first served the drinks (which was the only thing they served on time). I took a sip and placed the glass down. Jaye took a sip, looked at me and we had that conversation with incomplete, incoherent sentences but made perfect sense to us: “Lasang…” “uhuh”, “Parang…” “uhuh”, “Ganun ba…” “yep”… The soda was stale. I called the waiter and asked to have it replaced. They problem is…
- They have rude waiters. Look, we ordered for bottomless sodas so we’re not stiffing you by pretending the sodas were stale. The waiter had that “arte nyo naman” look when he grabbed the half empty glass. I asked where the soda came from (because if it was from the fountain, I’ll switch to iced tea). In a very arrogant voice, he explained to me “EH KASI HO SODA HO YAN.”.
Riiiiiiiiiight. That explained EVERYTHING. The waiter left and Jaye and I were laughing our butts off.
It’s not like we ordered Bloody Maries. It’s just Coke! Did they get it from their supplier in powder form or something? How do you mess that up?
- The orders took a long time to arrive. We observed the place and it wasn’t because there were plenty of customers and there were only a few waiters… it was a problem with efficiency. It’s like they don’t know the meaning of multi-tasking.
- We ordered the Bunch of Lunch which looked more like the bunch of Meriendas or bunch of appetizers. Just before Jaye could finish her sentence describing the Shakeys of old, I was already done with my spaghetti, mojos, pizza slice and was halfway done with my chicken.
- Don’t get me started with how long it took for the soda refills to come. Sabagay... Soda nga naman diba? (still doesn't make sense)
- We finished our meals and asked for the bill. The waiter acknowledged, ran off and was never heard from again. Another waiter passed and I asked for our bill. Again we never heard from that waiter again. We looked around and there were only a handful of customers left. Is their service really that bad or is the phrase “check please” in addition to drawing a rectangle with your thumb and pointer finger actually a voodoo spell that disintegrates waiters?
The Shakeys in this generation is completely different from the Shakeys a few years ago. The bunch of lunch before was really a BUNCH of lunch. I thank the Lord that I was able to experience such a meal before. Hold on, let’s recap. Problems with the current generation? Check. Complains a lot? Check. Balky knees? Check. An overly appreciation of the Lord? Check. I’m definitely old.
I rate this restaurant, 3 stale mojo potatoes.




No comments:
Post a Comment