Sunday, May 06, 2007

Of Certifications, Ads and Things You Hear If You Just Listen

MCP x2

I passed my second Microsoft Certified Professional exam! I didn't sleep for days reading the MOC and was literally a zombie when I took the exam. The last time I felt like that was during my thesis days back in college. It was worth it and I even got a surprisingly high score given that this wasn't my specialization. (The test was about database administration, I specialize in performance optimization). 2 Down, 2 to go.

Why I don't appreciate some local television ads

Piolo is shown driving a European sports car. Angel, who's wearing a sexy top waits for him from her home. Piolo arrives and takes off his shirt while walking towards her. They play rock music in the background. Then they drink coffee? The ad is about coffee?

I know the ad is about a "light" coffee and they show a guy "dreaming" that he looked the same way Piolo does... but I still don't get it.

One more thing, how come when Piolo is on TV they ALWAYS find a way in the script for him to take off his shirt. "Ako po'y maglalakad papuntang paaralan... NAKOW!... may dumaan na mamang may dalang spaghetti, nadapa at tumapon sa shirt ko."

Nothing wrong as long as it doesn't involve cowboy hats

I was walking past the security guard here when I overheard another guard over his radio ask him "Kamusta ka naman diyan?" in a uhh... concerned voice. "Ok lang ako dito. Ikaw?" then he saw me and turned the radio down. Though somewhat awkward, I think it's sweet to know that our security forces here are BFF.

If I heard "why can't I quit you?", that would merit a full blog entry from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naks! Congrats ARN! :)

(D pa rin kita nakikita since bumalik ako ng pinas...ehehehe!)

-rogeena

Arn said...

thanks geena:D

Ayan we just met in the elevator this morning ehehheh