Friday, February 09, 2007

Night at the Museum and Milkshakes

Jaye and I were supposed to play badminton last night but my balky knee was in no condition for any strenuous activity so we went to the movies instead – Night at the Museum! We saw the trailer for it when we watched Happy Feet last year and agreed to watch it when it comes out.

We were supposed to catch the 8:30pm show but I was stuck in a high priority emergency meeting until 8:15pm so we caught the next available show at 9:10pm.

I loved Night at the Museum. Honestly, I was expecting it to be an action/thriller type movie but it turned out to be more of the family-type variety. Lots of funny scenes! I loved Sacagewea (when she was tracking the vehicle) and Attila the Hun (the shouting scene). Jaye and I were just laughing our butts off.

The plot is simple. Maybe a little too simple. I can summarize the entire story in one sentence just like an anime episode (like in Slam Dunk, it took this dude 30 minutes to take and make a three point shot... the same time it would have taken if I had a pizza delivered.). Have you tried summarizing a CSI episode in one sentence?


(Say this in one breath) "They find a dead guy at the parking lot with a gun and a pool of blood beside him but there were no entry or exit wounds so they bring out some high tech equipment which at the end only determined that they guy was really dead and that his favorite color was orange, loved listening to punk rock and drank coffee every morning so they checked the gun and checked the documents from which they find out belonged to an oil tycoon who owned one of the casinos on the Strip so they tracked him down only to explain that he gave away that gun to some fella years ago so they all go back to the crime scene and find a banana peel and concluded that the guy slipped and fell on a gun on the ground... and that he was gay which has nothing to do whatsoever with the result of the show followed by Gil Grissom stating a Shakespearean quote. ooooooooowaaahoo hoo hoo hoo hoo.... "

Well whaddyaknow... you CAN summarize a CSI episode in one sentence!

Anyways, after the movie, we had dinner and had chocolate milkshakes from McDo!!! Mmmmmmm! So many memories…

No comments: