Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Elevator and the Deranged Lunatic

I was inside the elevator when the doors opened at the ground floor. This guy probably in his mid 30's, just entered the building and completed the usual "magic wand" security check, saw the open elevator doors, ran towards me while shouting "UP!" "UP!" "UP!".

I was standing near the doors where he had a clear view of me. I took one step to the left and I pressed the close door button of the elevator.

He was still running, still shouting "UP! UP! UP!", clutching his bag and now looking at me begging me to press the open button.

I looked at him and pressed the close button.

The doors started to close. He lunged towards the elevator doors and stuck his hand between it. The doors opened, he stepped in wheezing and panting and gave me a mean look. Then, in an angry tone: "Bingi ka ba? Sabi nang UP e! Pipindutin mo lang naman! Lahat ng tao nagmamadali! Bastos ka talaga!" (for my non-tagalog/EOP friends: Are you deaf? I told you I was going UP! Just press the button! Everone's in a rush! You're so rude!)

I only looked at him and said nothing as the doors closed. I had so many punch lines but before I could use any of it, he delivered one himself:

"ay... ba't nag-down?" (why did it go down?)

Switch to boxers dude. Whatever that is you're wearing, it's probably too tight.

1 comment:

wackoyacky said...

hahaha this is funny!