The Greek tragedy of financial planning. Here’s what happened in a nutshell. I charged a lot for expenses this pay period and so I’m expecting a haul. Pay is given on the 7th. On the 6th, I bought myself a laptop which cost a lot but it was ok since I was gonna get paid the next day anyway. I think it was something I did but fate just came down and kung fu kicked that plan on the crotch.
My payroll processing got screwed up and they couldn’t give me the money yet. Right now my money is there and I’m sure to get it before I leave. The only question is when.
How about my credit card? Good question. There’s another twist when I bought my laptop. I bought one online, I was informed it was backlogged (will take 25 days to ship from their warehouse) and so I cancelled the order. The problem was that the amount floated in my credit account and now my credit card is worthless.
It’s not as bad as it seems to without money while on an onshore assignment. The utilities have been paid for. I have some groceries. Maybe this will be so easy… it will actually be boring and I’ll end up asking you guys to ignore these posts.
So what’s the status? I have 25.05 dollars, a CTA Pass (no need to pay bus/train fares), an ashtray full of loose change and some coins under the couch.
I appreciate the people who are trying to help me. The thing is, I dug myself into this hole and I’ll figure out how to get through this.
…I think.
Welcome to my first reality show series exclusive here at the ArnoldRocks blog! (who would post something this stupid anyway?) By the way, these were all posted on the same day here but I wrote it on my other blog days ago. Don’t mind the date/time. =)
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment