Thursday, August 03, 2006

That Night

Before leaving for Glorietta that night, Jaye cut out some packaging tape as we wrapped the wiper blades which left a big question mark on Allan’s head. At least the wiper’s there. That’s Arn’s basic concept for repairs – if it moves but it shouldn’t, use packaging tape. If it doesn’t move but it should, use oil. Simple as that.

Funny thing I saw while driving home. On this one way street, a cop was in the middle waving his towel and directing traffic. Dude, it’s a one way street… where else would I go?!? Maybe he’s the same guy who worked at the DFA. Somewhere out there in the city, some helpless guy was probably held up but are the cops there to help him? Noooooo… they’re in Marikina… directing traffic on a one way street. Sheeesh…

By the way, remember the thing with my knee right? Last month, after more than 2 years of rest and rehab, I finally got the clearance from my doctor to play again. Cool! The first activity I did and I injured my foot – plantar fasciitis and it’s a bad one. Automatically, I was shut down for another 1 month. Finally, after lots of medicine and exercise, my foot’s good to go now.

… then I stepped on a pothole in the mall parking lot and badly sprained my ankle. I fell flat on the pavement again.

It’s like the Greek tragedy of rehabilitation stints. “Arn meet pavement… pavement meet Arn…”

“you again?!?”

That’s the thing with having badly injured legs like mine, it’s strong per se but one push and it collapses. One thing I learned through rehab is that it’s better to fall down than to try and regain balance since you injure yourself more frequently that way. This means that once I become even slightly off balanced I fall down as if I was shot by snipers… or like those world cup players.

On a side note, interesting how those soccer players, especially during the world cup play right? They are bringing down the ball, someone slides a few feet in front of them barely touching them, they fall writhing in pain, screaming as if someone pinched their… you know… with pliers, lie down, roll around, holding their leg then once the referee’s whistle blows, they quickly stand up and run casually to the opposite side of the field as if nothing happened. Wow!

No comments: