I've lost 4 straight 9-ball heads up games against Pao including a meltdown last week at Eastwood where I was already up 7-3 but lost 8-10. I've won against him at Coronado last last Tuesday but that wasn't head to head - our uncle joined us for a challenge the winner format where I pulled off an 11-8-7 upset hehehe.
That Coronado game was historic too. It was the first time we saw some of the Philippine team members play at Coronado (though Django was just watching). It was also the first time that someone scratched the ceiling with a cue stick after a very animated break (hey I had to change something - it was 4 or 5 straight dry breaks at that time!). Check the ceiling. There's only one chalk mark there. Maybe I ought to sign that.
Anyway, here's my battle plan for our next game:
First is to play where I have the home court advantage. My favorite place. My favorite table. Skybowl Galleria - the table near the phone beside the window. This also happens to be the place where he's cursed. For some reason he plays differently in that place. Being back there brought back plenty of memories: recent and ancient - from my game against Myk a few months ago where I won 17-12 to my high school days while hanging out there with Steve, Arvie and the others.
Second is to switch to my best equipment. I used my old blue stick instead of my new brown one with a better tip but is kinda crooked. I also ditched my red chalk for a blue one. The cue sock "Mr Socko" stayed though.
Third is the actual game strategy. I know his strengths and limitations. This time, I should focus on attacking his weaknesses and straying away from his strengths.
Fourth is to hope for luck aka "The Force".
So how did it play out?
18-0... in my favor
*evil laugh*
Those 18 racks included 1 golden break and a fluke on the 9. The rest of the 16 racks were all strategy, good luck on my end and bad luck on his. It was one of the weirdest games ever. I should enjoy this while I still can. I know he'll be looking for payback next time.
Monday, May 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment