My old Toshiba laptop has officially announced its impending retirement. It has served me well, very well. I got it back in August 2006 from Best Buy along Clark and at that time it was one of the top of the line machines available. It had a huge 17 inch display, it used the very stable Windows XP operating system and it was ready if I decided to upgrade that time to this thing called “Windows Vista”. After more than 4 years of service, the speakers have disintegrated, disk space has become a constant challenge (it had 90GB of available space for personal files), the hard drive “clicks” every minute, it took 4 years to boot, 5 years to shutdown and a decade to defrag.
Now, I have my first Mac as I tread through uncharted territories (I’ve never even used a Mac before). Jaye bought me the best, the most powerful and the baddest 15 inch MacBook Pro available. I’m still testing all its features but I’m completely blown away by the specs alone. We got it from the Apple Store along Michigan Ave. and in addition to the laptop, she also bought a wireless HP printer. I know we went a little over the budget (by “little”, I mean it’s like walking from Chicago to Indiana is a “little” far) but it’s completely worth it.
I’m enjoying the Mac life so much the past few days. Thanks again honey! =)


4 comments:
Hey Arn a.k.a. Justin Beaver, hehe. Congrats on the new Mac. That is truly a sign a true love - when a loved one gifts you with a Mac, LOL!
BTW, since I've had a link to my old blog in your site for a while now, may I request you to change the link to one of my newer and more updated blogs? It's called "Ten Minutes, Tops!" URL is: www.tenminutestops.com. Hope to see you there one of these days. :)
Thanks again!
P.S. How'd you name your Mac? Mine's 30Mac - coz I got it when I turned 30 and I'm a big fan of Tina Fey, er, 30Rock. :)
Hey Mahar a.k.a. Tristan! hahaha true! Link updated! Sige later we'll read through the site =)
I dunno pa e... dami niya names pero wala pa nagstistick (kasi lahat corny)
- Big
- Cheese (Mac and Cheese)
- Paul (kasi Apple)
pero ngayon tawag ko lang...
"Macbook"
ugh, corny.
Thanks for the update, Arn. If only there was a way to name your Mac after Justin Bieber without trying so hard, your problem is sold. *Justin MacBieber, perhaps? LOL!*
er, solved (not sold) :)
Post a Comment