Thursday, October 05, 2006

Of Customer Services

I dropped by the Guitar Center along Halsted to buy some light GHS guitar strings. The guy who assisted me was this long haired, unshaven rocker looking dude and he was like "yo dude, these strings kick serious ass, this will do you good." using a surfer accent. Think... Michaelangelo from the Ninja Turtles.

On my way home, I dropped by Best Buy to buy a spindle of CD-R's. The guy who assisted me was this curly haired, short, thin, pimples and a pair of glasses. I asked about which laptop brand is the best and he was like "hmmmm... the Dells are ok but beware of the Windows blue screen... you can actually opt to get some Satellites
for Toshiba then you can just upgrade the RAM so you can maximize the performance of the new Core 2 Duo processor" in a veeeeery geeky tone. I also dropped by the camera section and it was another long haired dude but this time in a ponytail and a goatee who was telling me more stuff about photography.

I hate to stereotype people but they really did belong to whatever job they had.

This morning, I called Northwest and asked about luggage details and this guy had the old low monotone pilot voice. Now that freaked me out.

By the way, you want a challenge? Try contacting NWA's customer service and ask something about the luggage you'll be "bringing". You dont need any account number of flight details... it's just a general inquiry. In my case I wanted to know how I can bring home my acoustic guitar.

Here's the number --> 1 800 692 6955. Call me up before you do this and I'll cook myself a batch of "Arn Burgers". I'll be done eating and you'll still be on the line :P. 2nd worst customer service ever. 1st is Best Buy (Sorry guys, but your customer service sucks)

No comments: