Monday, July 24, 2006

On Weird Habits

I was blog hopping and I stumbled into Liza’s site again. I know I’ve already read this particular entry of hers before but I only realized now that I was tagged.

The topic?

8 Weird things about yourself…

So it’s a weirdo telling everyone else weird things about himself… where do I start?

Here’s how to play: The rules are, “once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog post with (8) weird things/habits about yourself”. At the end you need to choose the 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says Tag You’re It.” in their comments and tell them to read your blog…

1. Sound Effects
… which led me to think about applying at RX 93.1 with Gene. It didn’t push through though. I still do the old Donald Duck voice to quiet down crying babies. Sadly, I couldn’t do one of my favorites anymore ever since I reached 20 – the crying dog wail. I used to do that when cars would pass by hee hee.

2. OC and locking cars
It’s my daily routine – I park my car in the morning. I hop out then walk towards the lifts. 20 steps away, I run back to the car and check if I locked it. I walk towards the lifts again then I forget if I did lock it or not.

Sometimes while I’m at my desk the thought still lingers… “did I really lock my car?”

3. Lists and Post Its
I always have a to do list, a to buy list, a to do for now list, a to buy just for this particular trip list, a to do now or never list and I even use sublists like say, a to do list for the weekend which will have a list inside it just for Saturday afternoon. Once I start working on the things on my list, anything not on it will have to wait which is why my mom would always sneak in her chores into my list. Nice one mom…

I have post its everywhere. Most of these are quick thoughts and random “to do’s”. My last post it pad actually I used up all in writing verses and quotes and guitar chords all of which I stuck behind my guitar. For some of you, you know which quote I'm talking about...

4. Switch Shooter
…when playing basketball. I shoot free throws with my left hand. I shoot three point shots with my right. I shoot left handed on the right side of the court and I shoot right handed on the left side of the court. Go figure. I guess that makes me harder to defend?

5. LSS
When I get hit by LSS it’s always a bad case. It doesn’t matter if the song is old and new, sung by a guy or a girl, ballad or rock, pop or novelty. For some reason, the unusual songs are the ones that catch on really fast (eg. Quit Playing Games with My Heart and Don’t Touch my Birdie)

6. Microscopic Handwriting.
I measured it, it’s 1mm for lower case letters and 1.5 for upper case. It’s handy when I have just a small amount of material with so many things to write and it’s impossible to be copied from during exams. I would just leave my paper on top my desk and still no one could copy off it. The downside is that it takes me forever to write a sentence. This is why I never really write down my thoughts since my brain gives them out faster than I write them (which leads to a lot of lost thoughts). I have to type them :-/

7. MSN status
Ok ok. I admit I kinda got the idea from Gezelle but I really do love using the MSN status feature for letting out what I feel. Sometimes I write out the exact line of a song that just made me think (not necessarily it applies to me). Oftentimes it leads to controversy and a lot of questions. It’s amazing how other people really do notice these messages (eg. Mahar, Berns, Jaye and Ria). One thing I observed? The people who notice my status messages are the same people who let it all out through MSN statuses as well. Takes one to know one I guess.

8. No Sense at All
Typical Arn – does a lot of things that just doesn’t make sense. I sing songs even though a different song is being played on the radio. I would pick up an item in a shop then browse on another item that’s on the display. I make up my own nickname for all my friends (eg. Mags is now Maggie, Ester is now Liggy, Fritzie is Fritty, etc etc…). I wear my watch on my right hand and I remove it when I’m in the office and set it beside my keyboard. I eat a double whopper and fries with diet coke… etc etc etc... absolutely no sense at all.

Told ya I’m weird…

I’m tagging hmmm…
Mags, Fritzie, Gwenny, Ria, Geena, June, Pamie and Knoll

You’re it!!! =D

4 comments:

gezelle said...

copying! :)

Arn said...

ganun? we're both weirdos then.

from one weirdo to another... :P

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Ako rin OC sa paglock ng doors. Actually, not only locking my doors, minsan napapaisip din ako kung na off ko parklights ko. hehehe! :)

Arn said...

hahahahaha!!! ako din! pati windows and yung light sa loob ng car i still check if naiwanan ko :P