Thursday, August 11, 2011

Adiós, Lopez Tonight

TBS has announced that they’re cancelling George Lopez’ show “Lopez Tonight” effective almost immediately due to poor ratings. I’m not really a George Lopez fan and I don’t want to kick a guy who’s already down so I’m not going to comment further about his late night show. All I can say is – I haven’t watched a whole episode of Lopez Tonight. I can’t even if I tried. When I hear his entrance song “Lowrider”, that’s the signal for me to watch reruns of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Is it similar to the Leno/Conan feud last year?

Hardly. The story has the same type of characters but the situation is entirely different. That’s the reason there’s no media outcry. Bottom line, Conan did not push out Lopez and Lopez is getting cancelled simply because his show suc… oh right right, no kicking.

Well, Adios George Lopez! You still did a decent show earlier even with all the bad luck that have happened the last couple of weeks (lost his job, divorced by his wife and being part of a terrible Smurfs movie).

No comments: