Monday, July 25, 2005

Of Weekends, NLEX and Harry Potter

Usual Monday morning question: "How was the weekend?". In this case, it's a Tuesday morning question because our pocket president declared Monday a holiday to let them listen to her 20+ minute State of the Nation Address, which i patriotically slept through by the way.

Anyways, it's hard to rate this weekend. I drove all the way to Clark, Pampanga for a drag racing event which apparently was cancelled. It was ok though because (1) I had my Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince book with me and (2) I got to see the new NLEX. :)

The NLEX is a lot better than before. No more craters, no more rough roads, no more traffic caused by the construction. I even broke my personal record for land speed: 152 km/h and I was in Clark in less than an hour. After raving about how good the new expressway looked, I started ranting when I saw the toll prices. 160 bucks to get to Angeles? #$%^&#^*(* For a price like that, I expected the toll ticket to at least include a coupon for a free drink at Select or maybe that space between the northbound and southbound lanes to have a really cool garden with fountains that spurt pink lemonade. :P You should've seen me when I found out that you have to pay around 40+ more in addition to the 160 toll fee. Ayayay.. Naknamputsa talaga o...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince... Hmmm. It was all I did over the weekend. Read, sleep, eat, read, sleep, eat, eat, eat, watch DLSU beat Adamson, read, read, read, sleep. So basically, I travelled 90+ kilometers just to read a book and watch TV. Sounds logical right? Anyways, back to the book, I thought it wasn't as exciting as Order of the Phoenix and the ending was somehow predictable (i had an idea he/she was the HBP and the terrible ending). Too bad the fight scene only lasted one chapter. Overall, I enjoyed the book. The ending just sucks probably because it wasn't a happy one. I wish Harry could've nailed at least one spell in the end. Just one... kahit isang Sectumsempra lang kay HBP...

hmmm... maybe it's really a good and happy weekend. Maybe it's because the last thing I did was finish reading Harry and HBP. :-/

No comments: