Tuesday, June 21, 2005

When Kneecaps Go "Pop!"

As requested by Pamie...:D

My last visit to my orthopedist didn't do well. I was asking for clearance for me to return to basketball and sports overall but I was denied. I was looking for a loophole ("what if I wear a really heavy brace?" "what if I'm really really careful?") but had no luck. The message was clear: Wait. You're not ready yet. The whole scene was like some old kung fu movie where the student wants to beat up the villain who beat up his master but is stopped by his master because "you're not ready, there's too much hatred in you, the butterfly must fly at the right time lest it be attacked and eaten by birds...". (...yes, I'm using the chinese movie dubbing voice hehe)


281 days ago (fine, if tamad kayo magbukas ng calendar at magbilang, that will take you back to Sept 2004 :p), I dislocated my kneecap - tearing out two ligaments while playing badminton. I had to hobble around the office (no, i did not miss work hehe) and even drive in crutches (hey that takes skill!). The injuries have already healed though there's concern if it healed properly and how strong is my knee now after months and months of inactivity. Doc targets end of year this year then maybe I can start joining scrimmages. I dunno... wait and see. I can do some shooting but I move around like Chris Webber.

Obviously, I'm still injury prone. In addition to my bum knee, I also have a sprained ankle, a sore shoulder and 8 puncture wounds in my hands after being attacked by African lovebirds just this weekend (long story... maybe ill post something in the future about that hehe!)

When's the right time for a butterfly to fly anyway? That's a lousy proverb in my opinion :p

4 comments:

pamie said...

hi!! wawa naman u... kaya nga u should wear ankle protectors when doing sports.. and ur the 3rd person who i've encountered having an ankle problem.. wish u well.. hope you can get back on ur feet soon... =D (nagloko nanaman nung nagpost me sa tagger.. hehe.. so dito nalang muna.. )

pamie said...

and i thot it was Ann who requested it?? :D

Anonymous said...

hi pamie! actually it's my knee that i blew :(

i think nauna ka nag request so sayo yung reference hehehe

Anonymous said...

i hinted b4 pa that he write about that. nag-hint din ako on stuff like the things he's up to and kitchie's pic :D (ayan di lang parinig yan ha!)